545 Washington BLVD
Jersey City, NJ 07310
Meeting Room H
|8:30 AM||Continental Breakfast - Provided by Vicom Infinity, Inc.|
|9:00 AM||Eric Schuler-Dalverny - IBI - Meeting opening|
- Velocity Software
- Proactive Monitoring
What is proactive monitoring and why is it important? The speaker will explore the capabilities of monitoring your z/VM and Linux systems with the tools provided with the zVPS software suite. We will also show how to integrate proactive monitoring into your regular operations.
|10:15 AM||Coffee Break|
- z/VM 6.4: Preparation & Use
z/VM 6.4 was generally available on November 11, 2016 and brought a lot of new capability to the z/VM environment. This presentation reviews some of the key changes in the release. First we'll look at your existing system and discuss what will be different when you go to z/VM 6.4. Next we'll look at what you should change prior to IPLing z/VM 6.4, things like expanded storage or changes for HyperPAV paging. We'll wrap things up with a discussion of how you exploit some of the new features after you are running z/VM 6.4.
|11:25 AM||Coffee Break|
- Vicom Infinity
- Lessons Learned from running Hyperledger Demos on z/VM Linux
- Hyperledger is a distributed ledger standard/protocol by Linux Foundation using Blockchain technology which was introduced with Bitcoin Crypto Currency. It is designed to support Enterprise grade security, high availability and scalability for various industries' critical business applications using distributed/shared database. In this presentation, Alex will share some of the lessons he learned installing, converting and debugging Hyperledger demo codes running on z/VM Linux systems. He will also run some of Hyperledger demos running on z/VM Linux
|12:35 AM||LUNCH Break - Lunch provided by Vicom Infinity, Inc.|
- z/VM 6.4 Security News and How To's
If you've been watching the news lately, you'll know that risks and threats to the security of your datacenters are always adapting and evolving. Fortunately, so is z/VM. This presentation covers the latest information on z/VM security features, including technical functions new to z/VM 6.4 and even newer function released in 2017. Topics will include changes to default security settings, usability enhancements for the RACF for z/VM Security Server, and cryptopgrahy-related enhancements.
|2:30 PM||Coffee Break|
- Velocity Software
- System Management with zOperator
The system console can be the destination of message traffic that needs to be analyzed. zOperator is a package that can be used to watch console traffic for messages. These messages can be issued by z/VM, Linux for zSystems or applications. Actions can be taken when certain messages are issued. This contributes to our systems management strategy by providing a means to console message analysis.
|3:45 PM||Coffee Break|
|4:00 PM||Free-for-all / Questions / Comments|
|4:30 PM||Meeting adjourned and thanks to Verisk Analytics and Vicom Infinity|